Saturday, October 16, 2010

Growing and learning everyday

My computer is back, so I am back in action! Bailey is now 10 weeks/ 2.5 months and is changing everyday. She has reached some new milestones/"tricks" while I have been away from blog world...

Being more into her toys and actually hitting at them.
Not quite sure if it is always on purpose but it is something new!
She loves this elephant rattle on her play mat. I even put it on her her Pack N Play when she is in it. I was in the kitchen doing dishes and heard the rattle going and ran to see what was going on since I am not used to hearing toys make noise in our house. I see her just going to town on that toy, so of course I had to take some pictures.

Then she wore herself out...


Sucking her thumb!
I picked her up from daycare this past Monday and Deanna had said that Bailey had been putting her hands in her mouth, I told her this is something she started the previous week. She had started putting her hands more in her mouth and using her paci less. So we get home and I put her in her swing so that I can get a few things done and she started crying. I let her cry for about a minute until I heard her stop and saw her doing this! She totally self soothed! I was so very excited that she learned something new. I am still on the fence about whether I want her to use the paci or her thumb, but when I can't get to her and she can solve her own problem...I am a proud mama! Plus it makes a pretty darn cute picture, in my opinion.

She has her first favorite toy/bear!
At my brother's wedding in September, Bailey got a bear/blanky toy from the bride's mom, Nancy. I have given it to her here and there and she just wasn't interested (with any toy really). The other day Wes noticed she was grabbing at it when she was in her pack n play, so I decided to give it to her in her swing too. She loves to hold it, hug it, suck on it, and chew on it. I am amazed at how excited I get over the little things she seems to be learning! Such proud parents we are!

By the way...the last two pictures of her holding in her pack n play, she grabbed it herself! She amazes me every second of every day.

Wanting to roll over!
So, I don't have any pictures of this since whenever we grab the camera, she stops! I may have a video, if I do I will post it later. She has started to get onto her side and has almost rolled over. We really think it will happen in the next couple of weeks. All she has to do is kick her leg over and she will do it. We really hope she does it when we are both home, since that is not very often...we aren't expecting it to. Oh well, we will still be just as happy and proud.

Becoming more and more social!
Uncle Spidey and Cousin Cade came over yesterday and hung out with Bailey. She is smiling at people more, "talking", and just being more playful. It is so crazy how you can just stare at someone for so long with the biggest smile on your face. Here are some pictures from the visit.She was showing Uncle Spidey what she wants to do to him when he makes fun of her feet! Watch out Uncle Spidey...she knows where you sleep!Clearly loves sucking on her hands...and even got Cousin Caden's hand too! Yum!


So that is what we have been up to the past 2 or so weeks since I last posted. Wes and I were talking last night how we are amazed at how much love one can have for someone. The love is different and so powerful. Bailey is our world and I honestly feel so complete having her in it, I know Wes feels the same way.



1 comment:

  1. That picture of her sucking her thumb is too cute. :) Her little bear is just precious too, so cute she loves it so much!

    ReplyDelete