Monday, January 18, 2016

When one sister cries...we all cry!

All is great at home. Bailey is coloring, Brooklyn is building with blocks, and Brielle is playing on her play mat. Next moment the baby starts to cry, then the toddler begins to cry, and I then I want to start crying.

I don't know what it is about your baby's cry when you are a mom. When I hear the inconsolable crying, it is painful and I need it to stop. I seems like when the crying starts, everything escalates and everyone is out of sorts.

I decided nothing was going to calm the baby down, so I put her in her crib and walked out of the room to give us each a break. She cried for a bit while I got the toddler to calm down with a Mickey Mouse Christmas movie she has watched a million times...if not more. Then suddenly there was silence from the baby's room! She fell asleep in her crib for the first time!!

This calls for a beer! It is 5:00 SOMEwhere.

Cue the Kindergartener who wants a snack, wants water, wants to watch something else, WANT, WANT, WANT!

I then declared a kid free 15 minutes! It has lasted long enough for me to type this...I see that as a success.




I had many plans today: finish the last load of laundry, finish organizing my closet, and the girls' rooms, as well as other things. Instead I took the girls to get donuts, colored with them, built towers with blocks, watched a movie, and played with the baby. So what do I do when I get a few minutes of quiet time? I write a blog post about it.

Why would I do that? As much as these times are draining and I want to run from the house screaming, I also want to remember them. I will miss these loud and out of control times when they are older and locked up in their rooms, not wanting anything  to do with me. This is my place for me to keep some of these memories and have a place for them to go and enjoy them as well when they are older. This journey with three girls is never dull and I wouldn't have it any other way.

**And the crying and fighting begins again...which wakes the baby.**

Well at least I had a few minute to myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment