Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The not so quiet hours of the morning

"STOP PULLING MY HAIR!" "MOM!!! SHE IS PULLING MY HAIR!"- Bailey

This is how my morning is starting out as I am trying to enjoy my coffee while it is still warm. Just as the hair pulling event ends, my sweet 2 year old pulls on my leg crying because I won't let her have chocolate for breakfast. Once that is solved, she continuously asks for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Thankfully we have them recorded, so that is an easy fix, but the recordings are not working... of course. Well, thankfully I kept that Netflix subscription, Mickey Mouse Christmas it is. She will be content for about 5 minutes. It is now time to continue on with my warm coffee.

This is the current soundtrack of my life these days and crazy as it is, I wouldn't have it any other way. Life has changed so much in our lives in the last 5 years, it is crazy to think about life before kids. We had extra time to do things, extra money, and could be spontaneous. What we didn't have was the unconditional love that comes with being a parent. The feeling you get when your toddler comes running up to you to give you a random hug, when your baby smiles and giggles at you, and when your oldest proudly reads you a book. These are moments that make it all worth it and for that moment, the frustrations that come with being a parent go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment